COUNTDOWN TO HER NEXT BIRTHDAY

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

Esther is SICK-2

The minute we reached home, she ran straight to her daddy. Very 'manja'. We asked her what does she want to eat coz she hasnt bitten anything for the whole day. She told us she wanted 'moi moi' (porridge). Daddy insisted to go out ta-pao for her coz it is almost 8pm. And of coz la, his precious 宝贝is sick liao ma. Whatever she wants now, Daddy will sure not let her down one...

Hubby says seems like there is no coffee shop in 7th mile area selling porridge,we droved to 10th mile bazaar. Cruising the whole bazaar, we couldn't find any coffee shop open selling porridge. So we decided to go downtown to 4th mile area. Halfway thru, hubby called up our neighbour to double checked again. Alas, there is only one stall at Jolly Cafe selling porridge. We quickly U-turned back to 7th mile bazaar.

Hubby managed to buy a packet of pork porridge for Esther coz since she is having fever, she cant take chicken porridge. We went home happily with the porridge. Esther was so happy and she finished half a packet of the porridge. Of coz, she doesnt want to eat on her own and I have to feed her spoonful by spoonful. When she is full, she told me she wanted to '牙牙' (brush teeth) and changed into her sleepwear. She later told me she wanted '药药'(eat medicine). I am so happy to hear that. My gal has grown up liao. She knows that sick must eat medicine. 哈哈. I think the medicine makes her drowsy so we put her to bed.

About an hour later, I started to notice that she is shivering. Her face turn as white as sheet and her lips turned purplish in colour. I touched her forehead. There is no fever at all but the other parts of her body are so hot! I started to panick. I assume she started to have high fever. She used to be like this when she is only 4 months old and we ended up in the KPJ's emergency ward.

We off the air-con and put on socks for her so that her feet will not be cold. Then we used cold tap water and started to wipe her whole body hoping tat it will bring down the temp.We concentrated on the armpits, neck, inner thighs and joints of her body. We even used dampy cloth to put on her forehead. After wiping for about almost 15mins, I feel tat her body is not that hot anymore.

We woke up every 2 hours to monitor her temp. The first few 2 hours still seems ok. By 4am, the whole process repeated again. We gave her Dhamol again. Then hubby started wiping her body with cloth again. I boiled egg to rub her body with intention to retrieve her body heat. Soon then after almost an hour her body temp started to reduce to normal. We went back to bed at 5am.

Haigh...when our children are sick, not only the kids themselves feel 'susah', we as parents also very 'susah'. Have to monitor them a few times a nite.

Father In Heaven, May you Bless and keep Esther. Heal her and make her strong so that she can recover soon. Amen.

No comments: